Sunday, October 27, 2013

Kaoru Kamiya Inspired Cosplay Shoot




It's been some time since I shot a cosplay shoot, so when the opportunity presented itself I immediately jumped at it; even if  it meant having to wake at a God forsaken hour-for me. I work the night shift so the afternoon is my time to sleep. 

Nevertheless when my fellow camera enthusiast Pogs came knocking I got up for a Kaoru Kamiya from Rurouni Kenshin (inspired) cosplay shoot. If you have been following my photos and our posts you would recognize the hill in many of my sunset/sunrise shoots. 



One of the perks of living in our village is having a hill of sorts just walking distance from our house. So with a little hike we got up the hill to start shooting.  

From a photography perspective I liked to get the details of the grass, the sunset and of course the model, with this in mind we used the flash Canon 430 EX ii and the light box that we got from YesUSA, the product review of which you can find here think of this as the product review for an outdoor shoot. 

So far I find the soft box very useful since it diffuses the light coming from the flash and casts a nice and soft light, it pretty much serves its purpose, the only negative thing about the product is it becomes wobbly when on uneven ground, since we were shooting on a hill this was a challenge.   


As for the cosplay aspect of the shoot, Jocelyn Ga was our model we did a Kaoru Kamiya of Rurouni Kenshin inspired cosplay shoot even if in my opinion her features were more of a Megumi Tanaka but that's just the otaku in me. 

At first we started slow but we eventually got our momentum and Jocelyn was more confident and relaxed in posing and we were able to direct her. As the sun came down we got our shots and had fun. Hopefully we get more chances to work on cosplay shoots (with other characters and other settings of course we can only use that hill so much) and improve in our craft. If there is anyone who wants to do a cosplay shoot or any shoot just let us know! 






























And here are some Behind-the-scenes shots. :) 



You can see the soft box that I mentioned in this blog post and did the product review on in this photo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment