Monday, June 16, 2014

Acoustic Night at Zili's

Midnight Meetings sharing a few teases, smiles and laughs before starting their acoustic set at Zili's

When I first came across the Resto Bar Zili's on Facebook posts for event announcements, two things immediately caught my attention. The first was that it was near our place, I have a childhood friend who lives in Vista Verde where the spicy bar and resto is located, so going there seemed like I was visiting a familiar neighborhood. The second thing that caught my attention was the 'SPICY' food that seemed to be what the resto bar was going for and how it was separating itself from other resto bars out there. Paul is a big fan of spicy food so I really wanted to check it out. 

So when I saw a post from Midnight Meetings that they would be playing a gig there and that December Avenue would be joining in I was SOLD!. I've always been a fan of December Avenue, in fact I included them in my list of OPM bands to watch out for, in a blog post I did last March 2013. You can read on that here. I haven't been able to catch December Avenue in a gig - ever so I pretty much knew it was a no brainer to go to the event. :) 


Nice and Spicy at Zili's


Like I mentioned in my recent post - I do take my siblings to gigs, because I want to expose them to awesome OPM bands. For this trip, we also took Paul's nephew Jared, who is also into music. He does acoustic covers also! (You can check out one here) He's not into the whole punk rock scene so we just bring him along for acoustic nights and gigs. So, armed my brother and Paul's nephew, curious tummies and ears wanting to hear good music, we made our way last Saturday night at Zili's. 


December Avenue serenading the crowd with their original songs and cover songs as well.  
Owned and Managed by Kamikazee Lead Guitarist Jomal Linao and his wife Reyg, Zili's is known for their SPICY Nasi Goreng Kampung. In case your wondering Nasi Goreng Kampung is a Malaysian dish and Zili's has perfected this with spices straight from Malaysia! 

Sorry we weren't able to take photos of the food. We gobbled it down right away once it was placed in front of us. :P Maybe next time we'll go there and do a photoshoot with the food and stuff - then eat it afterward of course! :) 

Another thing I love about Zili's is the affordable drinks that they have. Beer (San Mig Light) is at P45.00/each and there's Bottomless Iced Tea (YEHEY!) for just P50.00! And for someone who frequents bars on a tight budget we were more than happy to spend P85.00-P95.00 per meal for some awesome SPICY Asian fusion food :3   



Midnight Avenue or December Meetings. Ashley Gosienfiao of Midnight Meetings and Zel Bautista starting things off with the open mic jam.
I have been to a number of bars across the Metro and the thing that I like most about Zili's is the close-knit family atmosphere that they have, which makes you feel as if you are just hanging out with families and friends, enjoying cold beer, good food and great music. 

We were laughing so hard at jokes and stories which Jomal was sharing as if he was some comedian on open mic night. Speaking of open mic, after the sets of Midnight Meetings and December Avenue there was an open mic jam. 

:) We immediately encouraged Jared to come up and sing - which he did. :) and I saw Paul looking at him with that sentimental look which he later confirmed was because he was thinking that before they were the ones performing in front of crowds and now it's his nephew (who he took care of as a baby). Yup. They come from a musical family. Paul plays the guitar and sings too :) He's been in bands back in the day before he got bit by the shutterbug and took up photography.  

It was a fun night of music, food and hanging out with family and friends, unfortunately the kids were getting sleepy and their moms were probably looking for them already. So we had to pack up and head back to our home in the mountains.:P 

Definitely a comfy bar I look forward to coming back too  - I just know there will be more fun gigs and events at Zili's! 

Make sure you guys like them on Facebook click on the link here
Follow them on twitter: @ZILI_nasi for updates also! 


Our nephew Jared singing at open mic. Hmmm could there be more in the future? Maybe :) 

Click HERE for MORE PHOTOS! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment