Wednesday, June 18, 2014

KitKat Break Movement



During one of our "lagare weekends" (going from one event to the next) Paul and I were saying our goodbyes to a friend since we were off yet to another event. Our friend casually told her mom: "They're always on the go" and I knew that she hit the jackpot. With our busy schedule, hoping from one event to the next, taking photos and blogging afterwards there are definitely times when we get tired. Coming from the night shift, going straight to an event and going up to 24 hours without sleep is nothing new to us, it's so common that Paul and I have christened it going on Immortal mode.

Even if you are doing what you love to do, the body can only take so much and that's why it's always important to take a break once in a while :) 

You'll be surprised at what taking a few minutes off your task can do for you as well as the quality of what you are working on. A pop of sugar in your mouth can give you that extra boost that you need when you're just too tired to continue. 

Like that Arcana song goes: "So little time so much to do" and indeed there are just too many books to read, movies and TV series to watch, music to listen to, friends to see, things to write about. Well you get the picture, sometimes I think to myself that if I look back, I'd be left behind. That's why if I were to unlock a skill it would be the ability to multitask. 

As it is, I often find myself doing two to three things at once, (as I'm writing this I'm catching on Anime on the tube) I guess in this fast paced world we live in, there's just so much to do and to discover and I'm sure no one wants to be left behind and that's why multitasking is definitely a skill I want to have. ^_^ 



Of course I'm not naive not to know that we all have our limits and that's why I am a firm believer of taking a break every once in a while, whether it's a power nap or a 15 minute break outside to catch some fresh air or a handy KitKat to give you that extra sweet boost that you need. :) 

At work, it's also very important to take a break every once in a while and as a Real Time Analyst for a BPO company multitasking is something I always do, from making sure all my reports are submitted on time as well as watching over the Productivity of over 200 employees :P It does seem a lot to do on a Daily Basis but hey they don't call it work coz it's easy right? I just make sure I don't burn myself out by taking the necessary breaks to make sure that I am physically and mentally healthy and capable to get through the day :) 

After taking that break I am sure juggling multiple tasks would surely be possible ^_^ and you wouldn't have to worry about being left behind and you'll be able to cross out more items on your to do list! :) 

What special skill would you want to have? 

Come on and be part of the #KITKATBREAKMOVEMENT and make the Impossible - Possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment