Friday, August 17, 2018

Lifestyle: DC Super Heroes Cafe



Themed cafes and restaurants seem to be a thing nowadays but there is definitely one that  takes the Kyrptonite inspired cake -and its the newly opened DC Super Heroes Cafe! 
Finally had the time to visit one Thursday morning after shift. 
Since the mall just opened (its located on the 4th floor of the SM Fashion Hall) we were the first customers there. We sent word in advance that we would be taking photos and told the staff when we got there as well and they just let Paul shoot away, while I took videos for my Instagram stories. 
There's really a lot to see and geek over. The ambiance and design of the restaurant is just top notch! From the super hero themed murals, stained glass windows, life sized statues to the many drool inducing merchandise (some for sale). Even the comfort room is IG stories worthy, from its wall to wall covered murals of villains like the Joker and Poison Ivy. 
So this is what Paul and I ordered: 

The Belly Buster (P380.00)

Inspired by the big belly, one of the biggest fast food chains in the DC Universe. The fastfood establishment has appeared in numerous comic book titles and stories.
The burger comes with thick fries and is served with two kinds of dips. Paul is a big burger person and while I thought that the burger looked smaller in reality than in the picture, Paul said it was heavy and gave it a thumbs up. 




Baked Pepperoni Ziti (P380.00) -which is inspired from The Flash

I'm a pizza and pasta girl and their baked ziti was just so flavorful and surprisingly also very heavy. Now if you know me, you would know I'm a very picky eater so I didn't mind the jalapenos and the pureed capers-which Paul gladly took off my plate and he liked them very much. (Another reason why Paul and I make such a good team :P) 

Deep Cacao Milk Chocolate Smoothie (P190.00)

Feel the brooding mystery of Gotham City, a rich milk and chocolate smoothie with fresh cacao and deep dark chocolate topped with our signature whipped cream. 

We really liked this drink, I didn't know that it had pearls though, and being the picky eater that I am, didn't care for those either but other than that. I would definitely order this again and I think its one of their best sellers since I saw a lot of orders on the counter. 

I would probably try one of their iced teas or juices next time. Paul didn't really feel like having a smoothie and I didn't let him have a cocktail, so he just stuck with water. (maybe next time, Mamoy :P)


The place was quickly filled with customers, a section was even reserved for a children's party. So yes, if your kid is a big DC fan (and if you have the budget) this would definitely be a memorable place for a birthday party. 

Customers came in all ages, shapes and sizes. Older gentlemen in a meeting, kids with their parents, and the curious middle aged ladies who were also taking a lot of instagrammable pictures (I guess I would fall in that category?) 

Even if Paul and I were the first customers there and we had the place to ourselves for some time, we weren't able to fully explore the place :( and pretty soon it was already filled with customers (it got busy very fast) and its not like you can ask the lady sitting by the Wonder Woman mural to move so you can take a picture right?

DC Super Heroes Cafe was a great restaurant themed experience. Its a must visit if you are a DC fan, especially since there are a lot of small Easter eggs scattered throughout the restaurant, which you will just point at and be thrilled you were able to recognize it. 

Its an ideal place for a date, especially if you are both geeks. Its also a great place to hang out with friends after walking around the mall. 

Click HERE for MORE Photos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment