Sunday, June 1, 2014

Keep Calm and Watch Movies



Every one loves movies - no matter what genre of movie you are into. You can always invite someone, anyone for that matter to catch the latest flick playing. I believe that's because movies and films in general can speak a universal language which viewers can understand and relate to. Of course it's a question of finding the right movie for the right people. 

But whoever you are, whatever your interests are and whatever your background is - there will always definitely a movie for you. Whether it is a movie that you can laugh with, a movie that you can cry with or a movie that will have you biting your nails and seating at the edge of your seat - there is a movie for everybody. 

All of these thinking about movies actually got me, thinking about my own experiences with movies and what made me into the movie buff that I am today. 

Well, I tried to think back as hard as I could and I finally decided that the Walt Disney Classic Beauty and the Beast was the movie that made me fall in love with watching movies. 




Like any kid it was the movie that I watched over and over and over again. If you have younger siblings you would know what I mean by having that movie/tv show that they would watch again and again and well for my case it was Beauty and The Beast. 

The film came out in 1991 (I was 6 years old then) and it sure left an impression on me. I remember my Aunt from the US sending us a copy of the Movie in VHS format. (Kids, if you don't know what that is - feel free to Google.) The cover of the VHS tape is the very image you see above. 

Until now, I still have the lines memorized in my head...

Long ago, in a far away land, a young Prince lived in a shining castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the Prince was spoiled, selfish and unkind... 

and yes I typed all of that in without the help of Google. I can probably go on until the first Bonjour song where the sequence confuses me. Give me a scene in the movie and I can say the lines and dialogue until my brain rusts over that is. 

Thinking back at the reasons why I was so captivated with the movie, was because it had everything: music, romance, action, comedy - I remember watching the movie with my childhood friends and cheering as Beast battled the evil Gaston on the Castle roof. :P 

While I have gone beyond the classic Disney movies and have settled into my Geek girl mode when catching movies, I can pretty much enjoy Romantic Comedy flicks (nothing too cliche please)

I wear my heart on my sleeve and I think that as a blogger that's very important, because after all, you harness your writing from what you are feeling. You draw inspiration from your experiences and with this inspiration you can start writing and blogging. 

Whether it's a movie made just to entertain you for 2 hours and make you help forget problems and concerns or if it's a movie that gets you thinking and makes you question things and inspires you - it will always be an amazing movie experience which you can take to the next level with the GMovies App! 



 We have already used the app - twice already - so I know what a great app it is and that it is the ultimate pocket app for your movie fix!

A first in our country - GMovies is an app that allows you to check on movie schedules right at the comfort of your own home but the fun doesn't stop there since you can actually already book your seats even before you leave the house! 


It's so simple - choose the movie you want to watch, choose the venue, select the time that you prefer and you also get to choose the best seats in the cinema right on your phone! 

From there you finish the transaction by choosing your payment method and after that you're all set! All you have to do is go to cinema and show your the app since this is where your ticket will be stored. 

Did a special 'shoot' of our GMovies App on our Smartphone with our Movie Passes from past Movie Premieres at the background :) Do you see Katniss? 



GMovies on our phone. (L) Home screen with the GMovies app and (R) what you see when you click on the app. 

So no need to rush through the mall just to make it to your movie, you can already plan around your day out because you've already booked your tickets in advance. No more standing in line trying to think what are the seats you'll choose - because you've already done that! 

Aside from the convenient booking process you can also check out Movie Reviews - just in case you're not sure yet what you want to watch :) 

Already used the App twice (Transcendence and X-Men: Days of Future Past)- and it really is ultimate pocket app for your movie fix! You can download GMovies now for FREE on iTunes and the Google Play Store :)     

Now that we're all talking about that memorable movie experience - What was the movie that made you fall in love with movies? Comment below and let's talk about it :3 

For more updates on this amazing App - make sure you check out GMovies: 


GMovies on Facebook 
@GMoviesApp on Twitter 
@GMovies on Instagram 
GMovies on Youtube 


10 comments:

  1. I have to admit that Beauty and the Beast did tug at the heartstrings :).

    But for me, the movie which made me fall in love with watching movies was E. T. the Extra-Terrestrial. The friendship the main character had with E.T. just got to me, and paved the way for my love for movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pepper!
    Thanks for the comment! Yup! E.T. was also a very memorable movie when I was a kid. I can't forget how cute Drew Barrymore was, or the scene where they were riding the bike. Lots of tears were shed too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's The Little Mermaid for me. I have a lot of good childhood memories involving movies too... vhs/laser disc nights, and last full shows with the family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! 75 Beverly Hills!
      Thank you for the comment! :)
      Yes! Last full shows with the family always gives movies a special place in our hearts and The Little Mermaid is a classic that (in my opinion) should be enjoyed by generations! :)

      Delete
  4. What movie made you fall in love with watching movies? It's the Harry Potter series! I loved the books so I NEED to watch the movies as soon as they're in the cinemas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Sasa! Yup! Paul and I are Potterheads too! :) We read all the books and of course catching them in the Cinema was a must! Even marathons at home is nothing unusual ;)

      Delete
  5. No more long lines, no more waiting. Reserved seating has never been this easy and convenient. Thanks for sharing this fabulous app!!! PRINCE OF PERSIA made me fall in love with watching movies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Sophie and you are very much welcome! :D You've got it right reserved seating in the movies is just LOVE and is made possible through GMovies <3
      Haven't seen Prince of Persia but I did play the game when I was a kid :)

      Delete
  6. Great blog! For me it's Batang X (local film).. first time ko manood ng movie alone and I was 7 y.o back then. I guess that's when I found out my interest and love in watching movies. Good thing we also have the GMovies app na! I use the app myself and it's very convenient! Ano ba naman yung 20php kung comfy at middle seat ka diba? :) Please pick me if you win, please please please?!? Hehe. Best of luck to you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carlo! Thanks for commenting :)
      It's good that you had a local film as what got you into movies. :)
      And isn't the GMovies app just amazing! :)

      Delete