Sunday, April 14, 2013

Project 365: Week 8

March 14, 2013 - Tribute to childhood
Week 8 of Project 365 has been a challenge for me, since I couldn't keep on bringing my camera with me, and I think that I'm pretty predictable and repetitive of the shots that I've been doing.  So, as the project's objective is to improve and learn more about photography,  I plan to change it up.  And I thought how I'd make this 'change'?  

So I stared blank into the oblivion in thought and got to the conclusion to shoot with my iPhone.  I have already done it a few times so what the heck!

Here on the photo on the left is LEGO brick from one of my surviving toys from my bachelor days.  Like I said, I was repeating what I already done, which is shooting macro, with a reverse ringed kit lens on a Canon 500d, remotely triggered a flash positioned at around 11 o clock.



Again I'm still not taking down notes on strobe settings and not laying out the EXIF data since I'm writing from the office again.  Sorry.

March 15, 2013 - Old reliable
On the photo above, it's a pair of Nike Dunk that I have-for years now.  I'm happy to say that this pair has never seen any shoe repair man-yet, but it's still alive and pretty much kicking.  As you can see, flash is setup for this shot to highlight the shoe's right side edge to get that texture off of the rubber.  Shot with my ever so reliable 500d, with a kit lens.  Post processed in Lightroom 4 to get red tint into the mix.


March 16, 2013 - RDOT organizers
Ica was invited to attend Rest Day OT Jam Sessions 2.  It's a musical gig where in people who work in Business Processing Outsource do their thing.  Ica had a friend who performed on the said event but unfortunately we missed her band play, because I had to report to work.

Shot with the Canon 500d, with a 50mm f/1.8.  Nothing fancy pretty straight forward.  In post processing I bumped up the contrast and saturated the image a little bit.  I kind of liked B-Side bar in Makati, it has a nice vibe to it and it had lots of graffiti.  To bad I didn't shoot a panoramic photo of the place. All in all I had a blast shooting the gig.




March 17, 2013 - On my way


On my way home on March 17, 2013 I didn't have my camera and I was pressed for time since it was almost midnight.  Meaning I was about to miss out on my daily photo for #project365.  Luckily I had my iPhone 4S with me.  As I arrived the minutes were trickling away since it'll be March 18, 2013 then.  So I shot this one after getting off of the jeep.



The image below is one of my office mates at work.  The sun was setting and I was hunting for a dramatic lighting which was easily produced by the window on the right.  Shot with an iPhone 4S and post processed with Snapseed.


March 18, 2013 - Hunting light with Adrian
March 19, 2013 - In waiting...


On the shot below, I was trying to get a ride back home, and thought of shooting silhouette of random people that are also trying to get a ride on this part of Ortigas Avenue, corner Meralco Avenue.  A passing car and some other streetlights gave of enough light to cast on the by stander to get this shot.  





Below were vines creeping along the surrounding wall of my father's house.  Shot with an iPhone 4S, as I was about to leave.  No one was around so I shot this one without hesitation.  

As I round up my shots for the week, I think I'm heavily relying on my mobile device, since I can't bring my DSLR camera where ever I go.  I think this may work to some advantages and disadvantages, this will be discussed further in Project 365: Week 9.

March 20 , 2013 - Off the wall
As always, read, shoot, shoot and shoot.  Learn through experience!  And don't forget to have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment