Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Natives, Save Me Hollywood: Eastwood Show


A local favorite of ours ' Save Me Hollywood - unfortunately drummer Melvin is not in the photo.


Apologies for the super late blog post - we've been swamped with work - but better late than never right ? :)
Whether or not you went to Pampanga for 7107 International Music Festival you can never get enough of a good thing which is why it really is hard to miss the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and The Natives mall show especially since it was for FREE - this was held last February 20, 2014 - our 101th monthsarry :3  

It was like getting a taste of the 7107 International Music Festival, a tiny portion of a sumptuous appetizer if you will (pardon the use of food as a simile - I'm starving as I am writing this blog post). Another great thing about the show was that it was made possible by Megaworld Lifestyle Malls and the first leg was in Eastwood! And for someone like me who practically lives in Eastwood (in fact, the office where I work is right behind the concert area) it was so convenient that I could not say no; even if it meant waking up 3 hours earlier. As you guys know, Paul and I work the night shift so catching a 6PM show (Save Me Hollywood was playing at 6PM) meant waking up at 4PM when we usually wake up at 7PM for our 10PM shift. That's just how it is for us night owls and a big shout out to my fellow night owl and Woodie (Save Me Hollywood fan) Lynx who also had to wake up extra early to catch the show and just sleep off the remaining hours before her 11PM shift. 

(So enough of our BPO woes and back to the shows) It was basically another great show at Eastwood (We covered the Gin Blossoms Mall show and the 12 Stone Music Fest) and crowd favorites Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (they were just here last year for Bazooka Rocks Fest) were ready to rock the stage with another 7107 band The Natives. 






When I first heard about the free show I decided right then and there to attend. I mean it was freakin Red Jumpsuit Apparatus! One of my fondest memories with their songs is singing Face Down with my siblings and when I say singing this is really feel na feel singing/screaming/shouting even the growling parts and the funny thing is that we just had so much fun and laughs doing it. I guess we just have that weird humor that only we get :P And of course Your Guardian Angel was practically considered a national anthem during it's heyday. My favorites from RJA also include Damn Regret and Cat and Mouse which were performed! 

The icing on top of the cake for me was finding out that one of my favorite rising OPM bands, Save Me Hollywood was opening for them! That definitely sealed the deal and got me even more excited for the show! 

I actually tried getting photographer/media passes for us; unfortunately we weren't given that privilege. Nevertheless as I always say, you just have to make the most of what is given to you and that is exactly what we did! 

Although we arrived a bit late, Save Me Hollywood was already performing, we forgot what afternoon traffic was like :P 

To get in the venue you just had to show that you liked Megaworld Lifestyle Malls and/or Eastwood on Facebook and/or that you are following them on Twitter. I already knew this prior to going to the event but when we got there - the signal was only on Edge - Good job Globe! 

Despite the mishap we were still able to get in :P 



Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Bassist Joey Westwood 
Catching it live: A fan captures Ronnie Winter of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus on her phone. 
After a great set from Save Me Hollywood it was Red Jumpsuit right away and I must say that I love Ronnie's 'V for Vendetta' shirt. :)

An extra special treat for fans was when Ronnie introduced his Filipina girlfriend Angela to everyone and they even sang 'Your Guardian Angel' together - and the crowd was cheering with excitement. ^_^ 

And as if that wasn't a great way to end their set, the band even came back up to do an encore and gave away, shirts, stickers and drum sticks to the too eager crowd.  


Ronnie and Angela giving a special treat to the crowd by singing: Your Guardian Angel together 


We didn't stick around for The Natives set any more since Paul and I still got work, I think there was a little CD signing and Meet and Greet session after the show though. 

It was a great show and I'm really glad that Megaworld and Lifestyle Malls has great shows like these - they not only bring the best local acts closer to fans but they bring great foreign acts as well! Keep it up! :D 

Make sure that you follow/like Megaworld Lifestyle malls on Facebook and on Twitter so that you're updated on their great events! 


Click HERE for MORE photos of the event! 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment