Friday, October 31, 2014

The Walking Dead: Haunted Prison Experience


I love watching movies but I'm not a big fan of Horror Movies. I just don't see the point of scaring yourself sh*tless - and I scare easily. Another thing about the Horror genre is that there is a fine line between "no plot and all gore" which is often crossed and slasher movies riddled with cliches leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Aside from not being a fan of the Horror genre, I am not a fan at all of Zombies. I remember having a conversation with my siblings (so long ago) that Zombies were our least favorite of all monsters and creatures. I mean they're dead and rotting and they eat you- as in not a bite but chew you up and worse- they could be your loved one turned undead, so talk about physical and psychological damages. 

Even when the Zombie Explosion blew up, I tried to fight against it as hard as I can. I didn't get into The Walking Dead wagon right away. It all started with Zombie books, colleagues encouraged me to read Mira Grant's Deadline trilogy. I was in a book club of sorts and Grant's Post Apocalyptic Zombie trilogy was in the circulation. It was in Grant's books that I learned terms like: Spontaneous Amplification: Defined as going through the "Zombie Changing" phenomenon without being bitten by an infected zombie. Happens after death. I also got an insight into what Virology would look like if say Zombie Outbreak does happen. 



After Gran't trilogy, I read World War Z, which unfortunately was not better than the movie. Watching Brad Pitt battle Zombies on the big screen was much better. It followed an actual -Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action and Resolution (of sorts) unlike it's boring book counter part. 

By this time, I've already started watching The Walking Dead, I tried to fight it off, but I couldn't- I was already bitten and the infection spread quick. Now, my heart goes through tachycardia every Monday Morning when I'm watching Fox's Parallel Play with the US of the newest episode of The Walking Dead and I spend the entire week wondering what will happen in the next episode. 

I guess I started as a non-Zombie person to an okay-Zombie person ^_^ So I was really excited when I got the opportunity to cover The Walking Dead: Haunted a prison House at (one of my favorite places) Eastwood! Thanks to Megaworld, FOX and my Senpai Azrael for the opportunity!



THE WALKING DEAD: Haunted Prison House at Eastwood City 

As if the Zombie Explosion could not get any bigger! Eastwood City (my home away from home) has tied up with Fox International Channels to bring you The Walking Dead Experience - yes you get to live in the skin (sort of) of all your favorite characters. You get to go ala-Rick or Daryl or Michrone in a Horror House este Haunted Prison House taken straight out of the TV show. Okay so you might not be swinging a katana or firing off a gun but you'll definitely feel the suspense and fear that could only come from walking through a pathway with walkers at every corner. 



As I was sitting in line, I suddenly realized that I was alone and I didn't have anyone to go with to enjoy the Horror House. Unfortunately Paul had work earlier so that left me with just me. I thought I probably had a plus one and I could have invited a friend to be with me but you know, no use crying over spilled milk so I just made the most of the opportunity and introduced myself to the group I would go through the Horror House with. 

New Found Friends who were nice enough to adopt me and share in The Walking Dead Experience :P 


Upon entering The Haunted Prison, it was really dark but don't worry you'll get to see the zombies.. Coz they're coming for you. Even if you know that it's all not real and all just for show, it can still scare you- sh*tless even. I hung on to the shirt of the guy in front of me and remember I didn't know these guys (funny story) so I guess we sort of bonded as we screamed, cursed and walked through those dark hallways. We were so scared to move on at one point that we had to be urged on to move forward and we had to be reminded that the Zombies won't touch us.



It's funny how people like scaring themselves, I guess there's this fun side of Horror and that happens when you're with friends and you're screaming your heads off and all your heart rates double in an instant. Remember I was with a group of people I didn't even know but I still had fun- a lot of fun, so much that my heart hurt. Would definitely go back with Paul and friends just so I could experience it with people I do know. :P 

You can experience The Walking Dead: Haunted Prison House in Eastwood Central Park starting October 31 until November 9, 2014 ONLY! From 6:00 PM - 11:00PM. Entrance is for a P100.00 (totally worth it), there is a maximum of 6 members in a group at a time. Keep in mind there are precautions to entering the horror house such as for pregnant women and people with ailments.

Lately I've noticed how I've been growing in tastes and likes, before I wasn't a Horror fan but here I am now entering Horror Houses with Zombies grabbing at you! :P

I SURVIVED! 


Notes on the Photos: 
Paul's photos were taken on the morning of the 30th, since we knew he wouldn't be able to join me, I already had him take photos, the rest were taken through my iPad. :) 


9 comments:

  1. how long does it take to go through the house?
    how long was the queue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I was fortunate enough to be part if the "press launch" so to speak so I was in line only for a short time. As for how long I was inside. It would really depend on the pace of your group! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Sorry I only saw this now-- (work the night shift) Yes. It was open earlier and from what I saw on social media the lines were long! It's open until November 9. The lines will probably be shorter during the week days :3

      Delete
  4. Is it really scary? Please rate it from 1-10(10 being the highest). We were planning to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting Shari! I would give it an 8 out of 10 but only because I was with strangers. Would definitely enjoy it more with friends and loved ones. Remember that it also depends on your attitude upon entering the Horror House. If you enter and think "I'm not going to be scared, this sucks, this is boring etc" then you will definitely not enjoy it. You have to be a little open to be scared, show a little vulnerability :p Trust me just a little openness is enough as the horror house was really well made :) It's only up until Nov. 9 - hope you get to try it out and enjoy it too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Hi! Miss Ica, can I take my break" and try The Walking Dead: Haunted Prison House in Eastwood Central Park, :) I am so addicted to TWD I am so happy you have this blog, I go to work always just in time so I have no opportunity to try this but hopefully this coming week, before the 9th :) I am so happy to have this in Eastwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Cecil! Thanks for commenting!
      By the time our shift starts the haunted house is already closed. It's from 6-11pm. I suggest you come in early before shift so you can try it. ^_^

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Miss Ica, hope to see and read your future blogs! :)
      <3

      Delete