Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Satchmi: Vinyl Cafe



I guess I unconsciously started collecting CDs last year- when we began to cover album launches for Odyssey. Some of my favorite foreign artists released new albums last year so buying them at the album launches seemed like the most natural thing to do. I also started getting getting copies of albums and DVDs of my favorite Japanese artists. :) Of course since we also cover and feature local artists on the blog, I started getting CDs - albums and EPs of local artists and doing reviews on the blog, and before I knew it my collection started to grow. Before I used to just sync the songs from the CDs to my iTunes but now I have started to rediscover the joy and pleasure of placing a CD in the CD player and just enjoying the quality of the sound that comes out- of course the songs and the music too! I guess I'm slowly starting to evolve into an audiophile and I'm starting to be more conscious about the quality of sound and music.

I have now recognized that I am collecting CDs and that I have become more conscious of the quality of the music that I listen to (no tunog lata speakers for me) and I guess in this quest and in my growing collection I have come to realize that a music collection will only be complete with the accumulation of a record player and vinyls!


Which has led me to the Vinyl Cafe - Satchmi! They're not really a Vinyl Cafe per say, they don't even call themselves that- it's just me since they also serve coffee ^_^

 I've actually been seeing a lot of posts about Satchmi, unfortunately I missed a show that was held there, Reese and Vica (who I have featured on the blog) performed. Located at SM Megamall's Fashion Hall, it's really the ideal place for music lovers to hang out. Aside from the vinyl, there are a lot of different things to check out - most importantly I think, there is even a listening room where you can listen to vinyls!


It is in Satchmi that I have discovered The Motorino.

As seen on their website The Motorino is an affordable turn table that was specifically designed for the amateur music enthusiast. It is the perfect introduction to the world of music. 



The Motorino II - Ivory

FEATURES:
Louder and Better Speakers
Easily Portable
USB Connectivity
Moving Magnet
Vinyl to MP3 Converter
RCA Output
Longer battery life

This is definitely something for the music collector in me :) I might not be able to buy it right away, what with car payments, insurance and daily bills to pay but who knows maybe, I might be able to save up for it and get one soon! I can't wait to start expanding my collection.



In the mean time, hanging out at Satchmi will definitely be an inspiration and will help me with my love of music ^_^ and my slow yet sure conversion into an audiophile. It will also definitely inspire me to work hard and save more for my own Motorino and finally start collecting records :) 

I can't wait to have my own Motorino and start collecting vinyls - maybe it could be a new addition to the blog eh? 

Click HERE for MORE PHOTOS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment