Sunday, January 19, 2014

Nothing good happens after 2PM

Coz Ted Mosby says it best. 



The ever optimistic Ted Mosby from one of our favorite series - How I Met Your Mother has been known to say "Nothing ever good happens after 2AM". And this is because "the decisions you make after 2am are the wrong decisions." Now I have finally understood what he said - in my own terms and conditions of course.

Well for me, it is more appropriate to say "Nothing ever good happens after 2PM" simply because Paul and I live the strange and queer lives of people working in the Call Center or BPO industry, meaning we work the night shift and that means living the "undead" lives of vampires but the similarities only start and end with the waking up in the evening and sleeping in the morning part and surviving on coffee instead of blood. 

So, if you put on your thinking caps the "uneventful 2AM" to the ordinary person is "2PM" to the children of the night who are no longer goth kids but call center employees like us.  

Whether it is a biological reason or a human flaw which makes us incapable of making the right calls after our body has gone way beyond it's normal hours of operation; I think it was been placed there as a 'fail safe' by our benevolent creator as a reminder that we are not meant to run forever despite our fast paced lives and this is a reminder which rings true to me, for there are days/nights when Paul and I are awake for twenty four hours because of our unconventional occupation.   

Nothing ever good happens after -2AM this was the original caption that Paul gave for this photo which gave me the inspiration for this post. He ended up changing the caption of this photo to: "Left behind". Now that I think about it, Paul's photos have inspired me to write a blog post or two. I think that it's just that way between us - we inspire each other to be better in our craft and in our passions. :)




I have made poor decisions way past my bedtime and this is why I am writing this post in recognition of those mistakes which I would not have made if I just chose to call it a day and go to sleep. Most of these poor decisions were made because I went on ahead blogging, posting and tweeting despite being sleepy and well that got the best of me. 

Mistake No. 1 was posting (AND tagging!) That band A would be performing in an event when it was actually band B! These two bands have the same genre and I always think one is the other which led to the mistake. 

While Mistake No. 2 was committing to covering an event without even checking what day it was! Yes this was the recent MARBLE WONDERLAND Japanese fashion show which I was soooo excited to cover! :( 

I assumed that the event was on a Saturday when in fact it was a Friday evening! While most people would have been available for this, well Paul and I...Yes! Have work! And thus was unable to attend. :( 

I think that these mistakes and bad decisions that I've made past 2PM are reminders for me to learn how to cut my losses and not to bite off more than I can chew and to teach me that it's okay to be asleep while everything is going on, at least until I can call myself a day walker again. 

In the meantime we shall continue to come out and prowl in the night living our (night) lives by clocking in and going to work in the evening and clocking out in the morning but now I will be sure to follow this sage old advice from good old Ted and perhaps that would prevent me from making easily avoidable mistakes in the future. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment